Jet2 and Jet2holidays have added more flights and holidays to the Canary Islands, mainland Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus for this summer.
All the countries have said they expect to welcome British holidaymakers from May, either with or without the vaccine or Covid testing.
Jet2 has more than 50,000 extra seats from Belfast International, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Newcastle.
Overseas holidays are banned from England at least until 17 May as part of the ongoing lockdown restrictions. The Government will confirm on or after 12 April when the travel ban will be lifted, but Jet2 says it’s already seeing a huge leap in bookings.
The company says holidaymakers are rushing to book destinations that have said they’ll allow British tourists who’ve been fully vaccinated, which includes Cyprus.
Jet2 says it’s also seeing more interest in travel to Greece, which has said it will allow holidaymakers who have been vaccinated or tested or who have Covid antibodies.
However, there is still a risk that the UK Government will continue to restrict overseas travel after 17 May.
Should you book a Jet2 holiday or flight this summer?
There is still a very real danger that the ban on overseas holidays will remain in force after 17 May.
Even if and when it’s lifted, there might still be travel restrictions, such as Covid testing or quarantines.
Also, countries could still close their borders to British travellers.
However, if you book a package holiday with a reputable tour operator like Jet2holidays you should receive a refund or at least the option to move your holiday free of charge if travel restrictions prevent you from going.
Package holidays give you more protection than DIY packages or flight-only bookings. If you book a flight that goes ahead but you can’t board due to travel restrictions, you might lose your money. Jet2 usually cancels flights when there are Government-imposed travel restrictions and refunds customers, but not all airlines do.
Where Jet2 has added extra flights and holidays
- Canary Islands– thousands of additional seats to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura between the end of June and early November.
- Turkey– thousands of additional seats to Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman between the end of June and late October.
- Greece– thousands of additional seats to Corfu, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Skiathos, Kos, Rhodes and Halkidiki from July until early November.
- Cyprus– additional services to Paphos in October.
- Mainland Spain– additional services to Malaga in September and October.
- Portugal– additional services to Faro in September and October.